Welcome to the Centre for Australian Studies!
The Centre for Australian Studies is a collaborative project based in the English Department at the University of Cologne, committed to the study and promotion of inter- and transdisciplinary research and teaching in the area of Australian Studies, bringing together perspectives from Geography, History, Linguistics, Literary and Cultural Studies as well as Anthropology and Biology.
The Centre is committed to
- promote awareness and understanding of Australia as a geographically, culturally and linguistically unique and diverse environment
- advance Australian Studies in Germany in multiple areas of academia
- encourage the creation of new teaching formats and raise students’ interest in Australia-related topics
- establish and maintain links and connections between German and Australian scholars
- organise events (conferences, workshops, summer schools) on issues in Australian Studies past and present
If you would like to find out more about the Centre or would like to get involved, please send us an email:
“Australian Studies in Conversation” now online! Please click here for more information on this series and to access the videos and podcasts!